For businesses that have goals of improved customer engagement, business growth, and increased profits, marketing is incredibly important. But long gone are the days when word-of-mouth marketing, radio ads, billboards, and TV commercials were the only necessary—or most effective—marketing means; today, content marketing is king. If you aren’t familiar with content marketing or aren’t sure why it’s important or how to improve your content marketing strategy, our talented team at Too Darn Loud Digital Marketing can help. Here’s what you should know about content marketing and the high-quality content marketing services we provide
What Is Content Marketing?
Content in this case refers to anything that is posted on the internet to a business’s website, social media pages, or other internet domains, as well as content that’s distributed to users through the internet. It may refer to pictures, infographics, blogs, long-form content (articles, white papers), landing pages, videos, emails, newsletters, podcasts, and all other types of content. Content marketing refers to the marketing strategy for creating and distributing content to current and potential customers with the hope of driving leads and conversions. The Content Marketing Institute sums it up nicely:
“Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
Content marketing can look different depending on business type, audience demographics, industry, and goals.
Why Is Content Marketing So Darn Important?
For businesses that aren’t convinced that a digital content marketing strategy matters, consider these statistics that highlight the relevance and efficacy of a robust content marketing strategy:
- Over two-thirds of marketers are actively investing in content marketing;
- More than 75 percent of companies have a team of one to three content specialists; and
- Search is the number one way to drive traffic to blogs, regardless of industry.
And if that’s not enough, remember that a whopping 4.8 billion people use the internet today. If your business doesn’t have a strong internet presence—which is underpinned by a strong content marketing strategy—it’s missing out on the opportunity to connect with hundreds, thousands, or potentially millions of people.
What Goes Into a Content Marketing Strategy?
Creating content can be challenging. You may not know where to start, what type of content to create, when to post, or even how to post. Here are some of the key elements of a sound content marketing plan:
- One of the hardest parts of creating content is creating content that’s unique. Copying content can negatively impact your search rankings, and is generally frowned upon. Keep your content unique and original!
- Relevance Whenever you are designing content, it’s important to make sure that whatever you post will be relevant to your user. This means that you need to get to know your audience before you create content. Do you know who you’re targeting, where they live, what their ages are, what they value, and what they want? Content should be designed around this information.
- SEO integration. As mentioned above, SEO is a big part of content creation. You can improve your SEO ranking by integrating keywords, mentioning location, including relevant links, and regularly posting.
- Diversification of content. Don’t just post blogs or just have landing pages or just post to Instagram or Facebook; try to do a combination of it all. If you’re having trouble keeping it straight, a content calendar can help.
- For business owners, one of the biggest perks of hiring a digital marketing company is that you can count on the company to regularly post, something that may be too time-consuming for you to do solo.
- Remember that a big part of a content strategy is establishing your business as an authority in your niche. Share information that’s not only relevant, but also accurate. Link to authority sources. Let customers know why you’re a trusted source.
Why Choose Us for Content Marketing Services?
Most companies don’t have the bandwidth to implement an effective content marketing strategy in-house—that’s where we come in. If you’re on the fence about hiring a digital marketing company, here are some reasons why you won’t regret working with us:
- We can write on any topic. We have the skills and know-how to write on any We are talented researchers who understand how to accurately cover any topic in a way that’s thoughtful and engaging. Whether your business works in carpets or cakes, roofs or remodels, finance or flowers, we have you covered.
- We create custom content for our clients. We create content that’s tailored to you. This means understanding your brand, your voice, your goals, your services, and your audience. We’ll get the full picture before we create anything.
- We have a team of talented writers. We have a full team of professional, talented writers ready to take on any task. From blogs to white papers, newsletters to press releases and everything in between, our writers have you covered.
- We know content marketing best practices. We aren’t just talented writers and researchers, but also digital marketing pros. That means that we know how to integrate keywords, how long content should be, what effective calls-to-action look like, where content should be posted, and more.
- We offer a range of digital marketing services. Another benefit of working with Too Darn Loud Digital Media is that our services don’t stop at content marketing. We also offer social media management services, website design and development services, search engine optimization services, and more. We can be your one-stop-shop for all of your digital marketing needs and can help your business build its brand and grow its online presence.
Get Started with Too Darn Loud Digital Marketing Today
If you’re ready to learn more about content marketing, why it’s important, and how our team at Too Darn Loud Digital Marketing can help, don’t hesitate to reach out to us online at your convenience. We’re here to help you be heard and make an impact. Connect today to get started.